Sunday, October 23, 2016

First Blog Post!



Welcome to our first blog post!! The purpose of this blog is to share our knowledge and encourage you in your photography adventure! So we will share tips and tricks and ideas you can apply in your shooting. We are professional photographers, but we love to shoot everything we encounter and sometimes we don't have our equipment, so we use our cellphone cameras. No matter what camera you have, you are capable of capturing the perfect image!

This is a picture of my wife when we were in Japan, we are strong believers of having fun no matter where you are. So of course we took our artsy pictures, but you have to have fun no matter what. So of course doing a little stop action in front of some artwork is a perfect opportunity for that! The area was Asakusa in Tokyo. There were alley ways with shops, but we were there a bit early, so the shops were closed and they had these decorated doors. So much amazing art!


The other morning I was taking our pup for a walk, the morning was muggy and I was half a sleep. I had finished one cup of coffee which only gives me enough energy to put flip flops on and take the dog for a walk! As we walked around, I saw this little guy on the wall. I didn't have my camera though. I was wearing polar bear sweat pants and had my cell in my pocket. Long story short, I was NOT prepared for this opportunity! So with my free hand, I positioned my phone against the wall of the building above the snail and clicked two images and this was the result. The mornings offer some of the best light, so when shooting, always be aware of your lighting.

Being a photographer has it's perks! If you are selling something, you have the chance to have a professional photographer shoot the item for sale! I find these opportunities to be most fun. I find I work the hardest at these times. I see people post two or three images of whatever item they are trying to sell on facebook of craigslist and the images do not accurately represent what they are selling. That being said, you have the opportunity to show off the item you want to sell. Images can be flattering, so shoot with that intent! This image here, I shot in the beautiful morning light. Location was so-so, but the lighting made up for that :)


Thanks for checking out our first blog post, Feel free to comment and ask questions. We will address them them in a reply or perhaps in another post! Have an awesome week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment